The diocesan Commission on Ministry (COM) has released an updated document, "Discerning and Responding to a Call to Holy Orders," available from the COM section of the web site.
Highlights include the following:
1) This completes the guidelines for those interested in pursuing diaconal or priestly ministry.
2) The document now includes complete information about the final steps of the process: Candidacy and Ordination.
3) The section dealing with Deacon Formation has been revised to reflect changes in the School of Diaconal Ministry which is a joint program of our Diocese and the Dioceses of Ohio and Southern Ohio.
4) There is a new and helpful guide to navigating the process entitled "Outline of Process and Checklist of Documents to be Submitted." This will help individuals understand the process and make sure they are fulfilling the various requirements.
5) Medical exam and mental evaluation forms are now available online.
The committee does not anticipate any major changes in the future but will continue to revise and fine-tune as necessary. Questions or comments may be directed to the Rev. Lou Hays, Chair of the Commission on Ministry, at Lou@stpaulspgh.org or 412-531-7153.