The ACNA congregation at St. Andrew’s, New Kensington, has informed the diocese that it will move voluntarily to a new place of worship by the end of July. St. Andrew’s is joining several other properties that have been returned to the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh in recent years after civil courts affirmed the diocese as the rightful owner. The transition in New Kensington is progressing smoothly and on amicable terms.
Bishop McConnell has appointed the Rev. Dr. Norman “Chips” Koehler and Alice Ramser to lead diocesan efforts to identify and meet the spiritual and pastoral needs of all present or former members of St. Andrew’s who wish to remain Episcopalian. Both have a long association with the parish and come to this task through the good graces and support of St. Thomas, Oakmont. No decision on the future for St. Andrew’s will be made until there is adequate time for assessment.
Father Koehler will celebrate the Eucharist at St. Andrew’s for several Sundays, beginning on July 28 at 9:30 a.m. On that first Sunday, an introductory meeting will follow for all who are interested. The church is located at 1090 Edgewood Road, New Kensington, PA 15068. All are welcome.