United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of the Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through United Thank Offering, men, women and children nurture the habit of giving daily thanks to God. These prayers of thanksgiving start when we recognize and name our many daily blessings.
Those who participate in UTO discover that thankfulness leads to generosity. UTO is entrusted to promote thank offerings, to receive the offerings and to distribute monies to support mission and ministry throughout the Episcopal Church and in invited Provinces of the Anglican Communion in the developing world. UTO supports projects that target the two identified Marks of Mission: (1) To respond to human need by loving service and (2) To seek to transform unjust structures of society.
The United Thank Offering accepts one grant application per diocese within The Episcopal Church. The process for applying for a UTO grant has changed. The dates have changed, making the time period shorter between the actual filing of the grants and the awarding of the grants. These are the steps to file an application for a grant:
1. Go to www.utochange.org
2. Click on Granting. This will explain The 2013 United Thank Offering criteria and an explanation about the UTO screening committee.
3. Click again on Granting and click on Step by Step. This is gives the step by step process and schedule of when applications are to be sent to the UTO coordinator and coordinator to send grants to the bishop.
4. Click on Granting again and click on 2013 UTO grant application. This has the grant instructions and the application.
Follow the instructions and email the finished applications to Betsy Hetzler, diocesan UTO coordinator at email@example.com for review. Please remember The United Thank Offering supports:
- Alleviating poverty (domestic and internationally)
- Making significant impact
- Demonstrating new and innovative programs/projects/work
- Transforming unjust structures of society
Should you have any questions or concerns contact Betsy Hetzler at firstname.lastname@example.org.