From Christian Associates of Southwest Pennsylvania:

CASP is assisting the United Way and the PA Housing Finance Agency in getting word out about the Emergency Homeowner's Loan Program. Basic information is below for distribution to your congregations. It is important that this information be disseminated quickly as all funds need to be allocated by September 30, 2011. Click here for a printable postcard.

If you're worried about losing your house, you may be eligible for financial assistance, including new emergency federal loans. In fact, a whole host of programs may help you avoid foreclosure and stay in your home. The first step is to call today, because funding is available for a limited time.

Call 2-1-1 to learn more today. If 2-1-1 isn't yet in your area, call 1- 800-552-4171.

Key Points about the Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program & Foreclosure

Pennsylvania has been approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive $105 million to aid homeowners facing foreclosure through the Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program, or EHLP. The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency is administering the Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program in Pennsylvania.

Less than 26% eligible homeowners in foreclosure avail themselves of available housing counseling services.

This foreclosure prevention program is intended to help families in danger of losing their homes due to involuntary unemployment, under-employment or for medical reasons.

The EHLP will offer homeowners a declining balance, deferred payment "bridge loan" for up to $50,000.

The EHLP will help homeowners in danger of imminent foreclosure with payment of arrearages, plus up to 24 months of monthly payments on their mortgage principal, interest, mortgage insurance premiums, taxes, and hazard insurance.

EHLP funding will only be available for a limited time, so people are advised to call as soon as possible.

To qualify for an EHLP loan, homeowners need to meet certain HUD requirements, including:

Their current gross income must be at least 15 percent lower than their pre-event income.

They must be at least three payments delinquent on their mortgage

The property must be owner-occupied and be the homeowner's principal residence, and

The property must be a single-family residence – either a one-to-four unit structure or condominium.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email