The Friends of Music Guild of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church at 1066 Washington Road in Mount Lebanon is creating a new and exciting concert series that will begin this fall. There will be at least five concerts in the series, and the concerts will begin this October. Here are the two concerts being held this fall:
Sunday, October 4, 2009
A Multi-Organist Recital by South Hills Organists
Organists from the South Hills of Pittsburgh will be playing their favorite organ works at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. Each recitalist will play around 10 minutes on the Schantz organ. The organists participating are:
• Larry Allen, Director of Music and Organist of Mt. Lebanon Lutheran Church
• James Burns, Organist of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair
• Dr. Gretchen Franz, Organist and Choir Director of Mt. Lebanon United Methodist Church
• Stephen Schall, Director of Music and Principal Organist of St. Bernard Catholic Church, Mt. Lebanon
• Fred Schell, Organist of St Bernard Catholic Church, Mt. Lebanon
• Dr. Douglas Starr, Director of Music and Arts, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Mt. Lebanon
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Diocesan Choir Hymn Festival
A Diocesan Choir Hymn Festival led by David Schaap, Organist/Choirmaster at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, and assisted by Dr. Douglas Starr, Director of Music and Arts at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. Choirs from the parishes in the Diocese of Pittsburgh of the Episcopal Church will gather at St. Paul’s for a hymn festival.
There will be many exciting concerts in 2010, including a joint performance of Durufle’s Requiem with the Slippery Rock University Choir on Saturday, April 17, 2010. More information will come later this year about the concerts in Spring of 2010.
If you have any questions about the Music Series, please e-mail Virginia Schaap at firstname.lastname@example.org.